Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tengo = I Have

Dear Chicago,
I really cannot believe I'm leaving in less than a week. While I have lots to do in the coming days, I also have a few reflections to share with the world... I have had so many unbelievable experiences in this city:

I have learned this language from taxi drivers, little kids and bartenders.

I have smelled a great deal of pollution, espresso and red wine.

I have tasted blood sausage, handmade pasta and alfajores.

I have studied artists, Spanish books and bus routes - lots of bus routes.

I have lost and found my way around Buenos Aires.

I have changed my vocabulary, my accent, my time zone.

I have missed the bus, the presence of salad and my sisters.

I have walked the sidewalks with my family, the wine roads with a friend and the alleys with children in villas.

I have had the trip of a lifetime - the trip dreams are made of, the trip that fills books and magazines and movies.

I have had the time of my life.




Thanks Mom and Dad. Muchisimas Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment