Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cuisines y Vins 2009

Dear Chicago,

This one is a bit out of order but I had to include it. Last Thursday, Carrie (classmate and fellow GIC student) and I took our sommolier's recommendation and went to the Cuisine y Vin event downtown. The event was an expo of Argentinian wines and artisanal cheeses. Admission was 2 for 1 on Thursday. We couldn't have had a better time! This annual event is an exclusive tasting party in the wine community so we were lucky to have the invite from Augustin!

Over 50 bodegas gave generous tastings - I had Malbec, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranilla, Chardonnay, Sauvingon Blanc. We ran into Augustin, the sommolier, who was so glad to see us. The space itself was unbelievable - Palacio Paz was an old estate of a wealthy family and now serves as a private military club - here called a "Circulo Militar". Only after telling my senora about it did I realize how lucky I was to get to see the inside of such an exclusive building in the city. I perceived it to be like the palace of Versailles - giant gold ornaments and crown moldings around massive mirrors and long corridors. For the event, it was decked out in modern sculptures with hot pink lights everywhere - one of the best venues I've ever experienced!

Syrah Salon


Malbec Salon


Me, Carrie& my new boots!


Salud, Chicago!

Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment