Sunday, May 10, 2009

The benefits of invierno



Querido Chicago,

I had a great weekend on your Northside again. Now that the weather is getting nice, it was so nice to see friends and go out. The sun is finally shining after a LONG winter, and it seems like such a shame that I'm heading down for 2 extra months of winter. My hope is that the typcial mild winter of Argentina is unaffected by any type of 'El Nino" occurrance where the weather is atypically awful or unpredictable. Winter in Buenos Aires DOES give me another chance to wear the following: my purple Hunter boots, black puffy vest, gorgeous long trench, brown tweed fancy coat, knee high black and brown boots, black flats... I should stop. Other benefits of cold, cloudy weather: great light for pictures most times, constant museum weather for all of the museums I cannot wait to see, constant excuse to buy scarves and sweaters. Traveling South America in the off season equates to better exchange rate, shorter lines at major destinations and the Iguazu falls are supposed to be great at this time of year. Besides a hot summer day on North Avenue Beach, what more could a girl ask for??

Leaving in 15 days!!!!


Te amo Chicago -- Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment